viernes, 22 de febrero de 2013

Super Bowl

This year's Super Bowl was different than my previous ones.  For one, kickoff began at 12:30 am, making my 9:00 am class later that day more dreaded than ever.  Also, I had to head to an Irish bar in order to see the game.  The bar was a change from the family-event atmosphere I'm used to back home; the patrons were all smashed or at least trying their best to be, and all the yelling was done in Spanish.  I wasn't sure that everyone cheering knew what they were rooting for, but it didn't stop them from sharing some of the passion they have for soccer with our own football.


Although there was considerably less crying.


As the night went on, the Spaniards' drunk yelling increased, and the game seemed to gain more and more importance.  It became a matter of pride above all else.  Eventually the 49ers lost, as was expected, and all was right in the world.  Until I had to go to class three hours later, without sleep.  It's at times like those when the six hour time difference gets to you.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario